Monday, June 27, 2011

SHAM-rock

Do you remember this guy? 
(The shamrocks, not our butter holder which has often times been refered to as the "butter sepulchre.")


Do you remember how it used to be all lush and green and vibrant and St. Patrick-y?


Well, look a little closer.  Death lurks on every leaf.


From the day I bought this plant, the leaves have been slowly turning from green to bright yellow to a limp, dead brown.  But the thing about this plant, is that it doesn't just die altogether, it has decided to die leaf by dead leaf by dead Irish leaf.  Like some terrifying horror movie where the beloved characters get plucked one by one.


I've tried everything I know.  I moved it to better light, I give it the exact amount of water all my sources say to give it.  I speak to it in an Irish lilt, call it Irish pet names, hold up pictures of Ireland in case it's homesick, and at night I sing it Irish lullabies.
 

Then, the other day, I saw this.


Well, son-of-a-Canadian-gun, I've been duped.

No comments: