Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of School

Favorite moments of the day:

*I let the class vote on a name for the dinosaur pointer. The final decision: Master Yoda. I lost my heart to them in that moment.

*While writing a personal narrative about heroes, one student said his hero was his pet hamster. Because it would eat all the parts of his dinner he didn't want.

*I administered a total of three bandaids. I love administering bandaids. It brings me a strange joy, almost as if I had the strength of 12 years of medical school and the healing power of an angel.

*The moment I looked around the room at the end of the day and realized I already couldn't wait to see them tomorrow. They are so cute. Even the one who cried every hour on the hour...for an hour. Even the one with a sixth grader attitude. Even the one who thinks "Voices off" means talk louder. And especially the one who told me I was his favorite second grade teacher in all the world.


6 comments:

Lil M said...

I like these guys.

Kelli Burton said...

this is amazing. all the best to you this year Miss Kitchen!

Alison said...

I can't tell you how excited I am for this year, and all your other teaching years.

Liz said...

It makes me miss it Ashley, I will have to live through you. It is so much fun.

Kim Woodruff said...

They sound so cute! I'm so excited for you.

Kate said...

If I had a second grader, I would want them to be in your class. :)