Monday, January 3, 2011

Eleven

Something is in the air, do you smell it?  It's 2011.  And it smells good.

Personally, I felt like 2010 left this world like a punk teenager who had kicked you in the shins and taken all your money.  But what can you do?  It's only a teenager.  And you know what?  It's not its fault really, I tried to force 2010 to take on adult responsibilities when it was obviously not ready.  It was the year of "Financial Stability and Responsibility."  That is the last time I will ever agree to such a boring and unmagical theme for a year.

I discovered a long time ago that if I set 2 or 3 goals, I will fail 2 or 3 goals. However, if I set over 20 goals, I will accomplish 2 or 3 goals! In 2010, I set responsible and stable goals: I read the Book of Mormon by May 9th, I went to the temple every month, and I visit taught every month. I also bought a fancy camera and somewhat learned how to use the video program on my Mac. Sadly, I did not buy an investment, go to the Redwood Forest, or stop procrastinating (I'll tell you more about that one tomorrow). I also did not do the 13 other goals on my list. But 5 out of 21 ain't bad!

I can already tell 2011 is going to be different.  I thought at first it was just me, since I generally tend to feel this excited with every new year.  I can't help myself - it's the season of resolutions/goals/dreams/possibilities and I love it (almost more than Christmas(please no judgement)).  As I've discussed the new year with others, I've discovered that I'm not the only one who feels that 2011 is going to be out-of-this-world amazing.  So obviously, it will be.  It's the year we will let nothing stop us.

So here's to magical 2011!  May it be filled with bagpipes, hot air balloons, tropical sunsets, and success around every corner.

2 comments:

Kim Woodruff said...

I love New Years, too. I can't wait for the traditional goal setting FHE tonight. Are you guys having one too?

Kirsten said...

2011 is your year Ashley. "Magical" doesn't even begin to describe it.