Monday, September 12, 2011

Following Every Footnote

On July 1, 2006, I started a scripture project.  I was going to read through the Book of Mormon using all of the footnotes.


So if a footnote listed another scripture, I'd read that scripture.

If a footnote listed a word in the topical guide, I'd go to that word in the TG and read every scripture listed for that word.


I'd write down notes and notes of impressions, insights, and new understandings.


Well, after 5 years, 2 months, and 12 days...I turned the page.


That's right, I finished reading one page.  

Granted, out of all that time, I probably worked on it 5 times per year...but still, I think it shows an amazing amount of diligence to even remember the project after letting months pass in between working on it.

So if I continue at this same pace...I'll be over 2500 years old when I finish. (Ben, as a fun math project, you could calculate the exact date I'd finish!  Isn't that fun?!  (I'm trying to make this your favorite blog by giving you math assignments, is it working?))

I guess for now, I'll just carry on and say 1 page down, 530 to go.

1 comment:

Lil M said...

And this is just another reason why I love you.