Thursday, February 21, 2013

Look, a post!

Saw this list on a friend's blog, have been inspired by another friend's goal to blog once a moth, thought I should start with something easy to get back into the swing of things :) 

Currently I'm...

Reading Reading Streets (my daily lesson manual), Fablehaven, Chime, and The Greater Journey

Watching Total Blackout. I can't. help. myself.

Trying not to die of exhaustion
Cooking a practice wedding cake for the Young Women
Eating Valentine's candy every day for lunch. It's disgusting.
Drinking Cactus Cooler, I haven't had one of these in like ten years!
Calling parents to discuss behavior "opportunities"
Texting my wonderful friend in Oregon I get to visit next weekend!
Pinning onto my secret board.
Tweeting #I'veneverunderstoodtweeting

Crafting examples of art projects my students have to do. Like this lovely self-portrait for "If I were President" essays:
Going to the BYU Men's Volleyball game on Saturday. Rise and shout!
Loving teaching
Hating teaching
Discovering that lack of sleep + too much to do = zombie face
Enjoying Kelly's new juicer when she makes pure orange juice.
Thinking of Oregon and the trees and the rivers and the smells...I'm coming back to you soon, wait for me!
Feeling exhausted with an extra foggy brain
Hoping that summer vacation comes much faster than I think it will.
Listening to the Gardiner Sisters (by recommendation of Morgan)
Celebrating the coming of spring. Please come faster.
Smelling the gorgeous lilies Davy Gravy got me for Valentines. I can't decide if the smell is like an intoxicating greenhouse...or a dirty diaper. But I love them. And I love Davy.

Thanking God for all my blessings
Considering using my precious free time to edit the family reunion video or my students "Western Brass Knuckles: The Tale of the Subtraction Cowboys and Cowgirls defeating the Subtraction Outlaws in Subtraction Town" video (the title, the script, the characters -all their ideas, it's so cute!)
Finishing all my blog post drafts on mine and David's story, starting with first impressions all the way to now :)
Starting to blog again!

3 comments:

Yándary Chatwin said...

Can't wait to read all those upcoming posts! xo

Natalie said...

Patiently waiting :)

Kate said...

1) I am so delighted that you are blogging again!

2) I might copy your idea for a post sometime. Is that cool?

3) You are a pretty good artist. If you start to hate teaching more than you love teaching, you might consider a career that involves crayons.

4) I'm most excited to hear all the juicy details of your and David's story!