Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Today

Today, I want to live in a world where I never started a masters program.

Today, I want to live in a neighborhood where the power doesn't go out every night.

Today, I want my eyes lasered.

Today, I want a more comfortable office chair.  Actually, I don't want an office chair at all.  I don't even want an office.  But if I did want an office, I would want it to look like this:


Then maybe as I worked I wouldn't be thinking about the pain in my back that never seems to fully go away.  And I wouldn't be thinking about my irritated, infected eyes.  And I certainly wouldn't be thinking about my ever-looming homework and the accompanying tears.  I'd just be thinking about the fish.  Those peaceful, carefree, sleepy fish. 

Today, maybe, I'll go ask my boss if he'll invest in an aquarium cubicle.

5 comments:

Mamanua said...

Sorry to hear about your 'challenge' with the back and eyes. Do you have any drops for the eyes? Are you able to keep up on the back exercises? I do hope the answer is 'yes' to both.
But, I have to be honest...even though that is one cool office cubicle...my first thought was...'who is the lucky person who gets to clean that wild fish tank?' (Can you tell what I get to do once-a-week again!?;) )

Kim Woodruff said...

Hopefully the master's program will free you from the office chair, right?

Mamanua said...

I wish I could be there to soothe your sorrows, aches and pains.....:==(

Sarah said...

Even when your posts are sad they are still beautiful. I love you and your blog.

Ashley said...

You are all beautiful - I did not mean to sound so sad, I meant to sound whiny. My eyes are better, I still stretch my back - life is good. Except for the pesky homework, but I'm sure it can only make life better.