Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dessert in the Burg

A weekend in Rexburg is good for the soul.  Good people, good entertainment, but most importantly, good food.  Specifically desserts.

We made some chocolate avocado mousse.  It was surprisingly rich and decadent.


We also made some frozen hot chocolate cake. I could have eaten the whole bowl of frosting without batting an eye.





It's good for the soul, I tell you.


RECIPES:

Click here for Chocolate Avocado Mousse Recipe (loosely based - we added coconut to the crust and didn't put chocolate chips or arrowroot in the mousse - just added extra cocoa powder)

We used this recipe for the chocolate cake (added 1/4 tsp mint flavoring).

We created the following frosting recipe:

Pint of whipping cream
5 to 6 Tbs powdered sugar
6 to 7 packets of hot chocolate mix

Try it, please. It will make your life happier.

5 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Sounds fabulous! I think I could eat it by the spoonful too. Sounds like Rexburg was the food mecca!

Alison said...

Both were amazing!

Kim Woodruff said...

Ash, did you know you can make that cake in the crock pot? I didn't know I'd made that recipe before because the crock pot version is so much more moist, but still just as delicious.

Kim Woodruff said...

And I can't stop craving that frosting.

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Thanks for providing the recipes!