Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Antelope Island

It seems ironic, but sometimes I forget that Salt Lake City is a "lake" city.

But there it is, sitting pretty by a lake.  And not just any lake, but a Great lake.


And since my heart is always longing to be by a lake, I think that's why I love going to Antelope Island.  
Because it's there my heart is reminded, "Hey dummy, you are by a lake."






I always feel at peace on Antelope Island.  Maybe it's because of the views, maybe it's because of the roads, maybe it's because of the buffalo.







Or maybe it's the farm. Who doesn't feel at peace on a picturesque farm (as long as it requires no actual farm work)?





I can tell you one thing. The peace certainly did not come from the millions of gnats swarming about and nibbling at your skin.

If you look close in this picture of the lake, you can see a gray haze above the surface of the water.  Those are just some of the millions of gnats.


You can see the gnats attacking Adrienne here:



I had red bumps all over my face for the rest of the day from those little buggers.



But despite the bugs, the trip was definitely worth it.  It always is.








5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love antelope island too. Next time take me with you!

Alison said...

You know I've never been to Antelope Island.

Kim Woodruff said...

I've never been either, but my kids were just asking if we could go. I can't wait to show them your pictures.

Kelli Burton said...

hey I've been there!

you look great and those shots are fab :)

I always forget about the lake too. only remember it when I fly in.

Anonymous said...

" Hey dummy, you live by a lake" ...pretty funny the things we forget when we get caught up in life.
Beautiful shots!