Sunday, November 6, 2011

Answers

I guess that quiz was harder than I thought.  Kelly, who I force to listen to my music all the time, could only identify 1 song and then another one with a little hint.

1. "It hasn't felt like home before you" is from The Fear You Won't Fall by Joshua Radin, one of the most beautiful love songs ever written.

2. "Every moment red letter" is from A Whole New World.  Red letter moments/days always remind me of my grandma, Nonnie.  When she felt like she had a red letter day, she would write in her journal with a red pen.


(In my search for Aladdin images, I discovered this gem: a site dedicated entirely to different versions or aspects of the song itself.  Somebody out there really loves this song.)

3. "The world has lost her way again..." is from Oh by Dave Matthews.  One of my all time favorite songs.  I listened to this song for years without really paying attention to half the lyrics thinking it was like a sweet, wedding-esque love song.  One day I looked the lyrics up and was shocked to realize it was about singing to someone who had died.  Oops.

4. This was the one song everyone knew right away.  What does that say about us?

5. "Everybody's got opinions, girl..." 10/10 (Ten out of ten) by Paolo Nutini.  One of the happiest days of my life was when I discovered Paolo.

6. "For the wonder of each hour" is from the hymn, For the Beauty of the Earth.  I am currently writing a book entitled "The Wonder of Each Hour."  It's going to win the Pulitzer.

7. "Sat by the river..." is from "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane.  It rings true to me.

8. "The littlest birds sing the prettiest songs" is from The Littlest Birds by The Be Good Tanyas and according to my iTunes, is the song that I most listen to.  I do love it, but I didn't realize I loved it that much.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

4 comments:

Alison said...

Will you do more pop quizzes?

Ashley said...

Sure!

Liz said...

Oh man, I totally should have known #1, I was putting the words to the wrong tune so it never worked out. Is the paolo song from like album 2 for him or something? I don't know it.
But yeah, you should do more of these.

Ashley said...

Liz, you are technically the winner because you said you knew 4 of them! I will give you a prize soon :)

I'm so glad you know Paolo! I'm not sure what album that song is, I just look up all his songs on grooveshark.