Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Joys of Data Entry

Fattman.  Pees.  Dunkelberger.  Jaquish.  Constantopolous.  Buchaneer.  Snowman.  Bobasch.  Velvet Fox.

If you read the text streams from the last 4 years between me and my sister, Morgan, they will look very similar to the line written above.  We're not crazy, we're just mundane office workers.  When you spend hundreds of hours of your life doing data entry and filing, there's one for sure way not to get cabin fever and go insane.  You pay attention to the fun names that come through. 

And if you want to make it doubly fun, you share those names with a fellow office worker who understands the joy and delight of finding a small piece of entertainment amongst hours of monotony.  Morgan and I have found a lot of joy together over the years.

If we want to make it triply fun, we take it a step further by pairing our names with the names we find.  For example, Ash Bobasch or Morgan Korrigan.  We then try to find out everything about the individuals with those last names, okay not everything but mainly whether or not they are male, single, or have a single son.  For some reason we desperately want to get our hands on an entertaining name.  Maybe subconsciously we desperately want an entertaining name so that our names will be on a file somewhere making some poor office worker a little happier.  That's when I stop and remember that my last name is Kitchen. 

I thought I would extend the joy to all of you with some good ones I found today: 

Spoon (paired with either of us, it's very classic)
Gunasakara
Hopewell Darnell the III
Gottschalk
Kelley (this one is for Kelly)
Argyrious Saccopoulos
Solidchikova
Villella
And this last one is for you, Morgan:  Donner (Morgan Donner, ha ha, get it?)

5 comments:

Lil M said...

Wow, we really have been at this for a long time now. And... I don't get the name.

Ashley said...

It sounds like Organ Donor. Haha.

Kelly said...

Thank you for the shout out.

Lil M said...

Oh I see, you would do that for me. How kind.

Sarah said...

Shirley Whirly. For real.