Thursday, March 10, 2011

Oxalis Acetosella

I bought an Oxalis Acetosella.  And I'm in love with it.


Probably because I love St. Patrick's Day.  It's my favorite holiday.


Not because I'm Irish.  Not because I love green.


But because I love unity.  And because I love matching.  And for one day out of the whole year, everyone (who remembers) gets up and decides to wear green.  And for one day we're all united in a simple, beautiful way.  And my heart is at peace. 


Except for those people who forget.  Or those people who try to say "My eyes are green, I don't need to wear green" or "I did wear green today (pointing to a strand of green thread in their shirt)."


In that case, I love St. Patrick's Day because I love pinching.  It's not often you get to give a good, sanctioned pinch.  Pinching makes my heart feel at peace.


That's why I love my Irish Shamrock, Oxalis Acetosella.  It looks like unity and pinching in plant form and makes my heart feel at peace.

3 comments:

Mamanua said...

That's my girl! Any chance Oregon might have an influence on that love of 'green' too? I feel Oregon green brings me peace, along with the beautiful Oxalis Acetosella. Happy pinching!!

Kirsten said...

I would have thought Pioneer Day was your favorite holiday...what with you getting to portray Lady Liberty in the T.O. parade...

Sarah said...

You are a disgrace to our Scottish ancestors.