Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Me and Fabio

I went country dancing this weekend.  I'm a country girl at heart (I don't know if my work ethic is a country girl at heart, but I definitely am), so I loved it.  I also loved the memories it brought back.

This is me and my partner, Fabio (or The Fawbs, as I like to call him).  His real name is Brett or Brandt or something, but we called him Fabio because he would always flip his hair back with a swish of his head.  I am 83% positive (but am still trying to prove) that Justin Bieber (The Biebs) stole the head/hair swish from my Fabio.
(Where's my neck?)

Fabio and I competed in the major dance competition at BYU and we made it to the third round.  The third round.  I just want anyone reading this to make sure they read that right so I'll say it one more time: we made it to the third round.  How did Miss No-Rhythm and Mr. I-Love-Dancing-on-Ashley's-Feet-More-Than-The-Dance-Floor-Because-I-Can-Never-Remember-Which-Foot-To-Start-On make it to the third round?  Sheer personality.

I wish you all could have met Fabio and his hair.  He was great.  So was his hair.  So was our dancing.  Did I mention we made it to the third round in the dance-off?  Because we did.  We made it to the third round.

4 comments:

Lil M said...

Hahaha, when was this?

Sarah said...

Hey Ash which round did you guys make it to?

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Morgan, it was Fall 2003. Back when I didn't have a neck and my head was abnormally small.

Sarah, I wish I had a time machine. I would go back to March 30, 2011, 11:40 am when I was posting this and thinking "Sarah is going to ask me cheekily what round we made it to" and then instead of just thinking it, I would write it down and then show you later that I know you oh so well