Monday, April 4, 2011

Delaware

Last week was full of angry, tearful phone calls with the bank that stole my money, broken bagpipe chanters, elementary schools that would not call me back, broken laptops that would not download or save pictures, an aching back, yellow infected eyes, boys that have secret girlfriends, mice in the kitchen, really late nights and early mornings, painful wisdom teeth, and then add the fact that my clumsiness caught up to me:


It's kind of pretty, don't you think?

(Ben, help please!)

By the time my phone dropped Sunday morning, my attitude was not pretty.  I wanted my mama.  She was too far away, but I got the next best thing: Delaware.

Kelly and I took a trip to Delaware (I think we are the fifth recorded travelers to make Delaware a destination as opposed to just driving through it) to visit Russ and Anne and their girls and enjoy Conference together.  And although the day was filled with earache cries and throw-up surprises (I will spare you the details), it was the best Sunday I have had in a very, very long time.


I love family. I love my Russ and Anne. I love their girls (even when my namesake does not want to take a picture with me).  And I love Delaware, it brings peace to my heart.



And I love that whenever there are children present, Kelly somehow gets in a wrestling match with them over a toy.


Thank you, Anne and Russ!  I love you so much.  I can't wait for our next trip to (not thru) Delaware!


1 comment:

Kelly said...

I want to go back.