Thursday, April 14, 2011

This Land is My Land

"Land is the only thing in the world that amounts to anything." ~Gerald O'Hara, Gone With the Wind


This is my land.  Well, technically it's not MY land.  It's mine and my roommates' land.  And technically it's only our land for 7 months.  And technically, not all of this is our land.

But this beauty, this Plot #38, is all ours (for 7 months).


All 400 square feet of it.  We rented a community plot to garden in all summer!  
Just look at all that dirt.  It's a vision waiting to be planted.


And this is a vision of me, as Scarlett O'Hara, 
saying "As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again."


I've never felt closer to the land in all my life.

5 comments:

Lil M said...

You make a great Scarlet O'hara.

Sarah said...

I'm so jealous. I want a garden so bad.

Liz said...

Jealous...that is great though. Enjoy your harvest...

Mamanua said...

Heirloom tomatoes are a great way to start....

Alison said...

Super sweet 100 cherry tomatoes, you've got to try them.