Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's a Toss Up Between Yum and Gross

Close your eyes and think of two of the grossest ingredients out there.  Now open your eyes.  Now tell me you thought of cottage cheese and cauliflower.

I found a recipe the other day for a cauliflower cottage cheese casserole and I was so blown away that someone would actually make a casserole with either of these ingredients, let alone both of them together as the starring ingredients, that I decided to try it.

I got some cauliflower.


And I boiled it.


I got some cottage cheese.


And I blended it.

With salt, pepper, and onion flakes.  The recipe didn't call for it, but I added curry.


Then I blended in a couple eggs.


Then I layed the boiled cauliflower in a dish, poured the cottage cheese mixture on top, and baked at 350 for 30 minutes.


Final outcome: let's just say, this is my second time making it in 3 weeks, and I don't even like cauliflower.


1 comment:

Becky said...

I want to try that.